Emmi controls the entire Order Processing with BatchMan
Limits of SAP Job Control
- Capacity bottlenecks due to long end-to-end lead times
- Data inconsistencies and error messages due to blocked jobs
- Reconciliation costs and error risk for maintenance windows, cutover, etc.
- Manuel effort and error risk for time change
Decision to use BatchMan
Based on the initial situation, it became apparent to Emmi that purchase order processing was not in the position to go live just with the standard SAP functions. After evaluating four expert tools, BatchMan was chosen. While all the tools met the basic functional requirements, BatchMan was finally victorious by its simple architecture, easy and swift implementation, full integration in SAP and last but not least by HONICO as partner.
“Simple handling and a high degree of transparency in job processing – Emmi processes 33.000 jobs with BatchMan daily.“
Emmi Schweiz AG
The Solution with BatchMan
- Platform-independent control of SAP and non-SAP systems
- Simple, central management and control of jobs
- Central and clear monitoring
- Simple handling (for instance, maintenance windows, job orchestration, alarms, etc.)
- Simple architecture and integration into the system landscape
- Serial and parallel processing of job chains
Result and Outlook
Today aside from the technical jobs, Emmi also controls all other jobs in the SAP environment using BatchMan. There are now about 1,300 jobs being managed in ten SAP systems. In the production systems, there are about 33,000 jobs being done. Thanks to BatchMan, Emmi met all the demands of job automation, reduced job aborts and error messages thus cutting time needed by about a third. Emmi confirms that BatchMan fulfilled their expectations. In particular, the time change and the maintenance windows have gotten simpler. Transparency is also highlighted because it is much better, thanks to central monitoring. Cooperation with HONICO is a breeze and reaction times are very fast.
Emmi is the leading Swiss milk processor and one of the most innovative premium dairies in Europe. In Switzerland, the enterprise focuses on developing, creating and marketing a full range of dairy products and fresh products as well as producing, ripening and selling mainly Swiss cheese. Abroad, Emmi concentrates on established markets in Europe and North America with brand concepts and specialties as well as increasingly on developing markets outside of Europe. Fresh products mainly include lifestyle products, convenience products and health products. When it comes to Swiss cheese, Emmi is the global leader. The customers at Emmi consist of retrial trade, the hotel industry and gastronomy and the food industry.