Success Story GRZ
GRZ controls its entire customer Business with BatchMan across systems
The GRZ has been a satisfied BatchMan customer for almost 20 years. At that time, the decision was made for BatchMan, because GRZ knew the job control of the IBM mainframe and needed similar comfort for the job control in the former SAP R / 3. This was and still is not feasible with SAP on-board resources. BatchMan enables centralized planning and monitoring of cross-system processes, reducing manual intervention and errors to a minimum.
At the beginning, BatchMan was used for a single publisher in one central SAP system, in particular for the automation of batch processes in the GRZ-developed SAP-based publishing solution VI&VA®.
Over the years, GRZ has taken over the management of VI&VA® systems from various regional newspaper publishers through consolidation projects, which have also gradually been linked to the central control system via BatchMan. From a technical point of view, there will be 13 SAP clients with hundreds of company codes in which BatchMan 5 will automate the jobs for VI&VA® and standard SAP modules (FI and CO) in 2018.
Industry: Information Technology
Use Case: Migration to BatchMan 5, connection of 13 SAP clients
Advantages: New publishers can be connected without increasing staffing levels
Challenges for BatchMan
- Upgrade of the existing eleven SAP clients to BatchMan 5
- Reinstallation on central control system
- Ensuring the secure batch operation of the VaaS customer systems during the entire migration phase
„With the upgrade and the migration tools for version 5, BatchMan has again proven to be the robust and solid software that we have known and appreciated for many years.“
Dr. Bernhard Baehr, Systems Analyst in the department „VI&VA as a Service“, GRZ
„BatchMan has been the trusted batch control tool in our publishers‘ VI&VA and SAP® system
environments for many years, helping us to run our VI&VA as a Service cloud solution efficiently.“
Clemens Wahlfeldt, Managing Director of GRZ
Benefits BatchMan Workload Automation
- Central control of entire SAP/nonSAP systemlandscapes
- Graphical modeling and central, clear monitoring of the process chains
- Simple handling in operation to the end customer business (for example, customer groups, maintenance windows, alarms, etc.)
- Easy adaptation of individual module solutions (e.g. SaaS)
- Simple, fast upgrade and migration