GRZ controls its entire customer Business with BatchMan across systems
Challenges for BatchMan
- Upgrade of the existing eleven SAP clients to BatchMan 5
- Reinstallation on central control system
- Ensuring the secure batch operation of the VaaS customer systems during the entire migration phase
Die Project Challenge
As part of a new SaaS business model („VI&VA® as a Service“, VaaS) of the GRZ, the challenge was to establish batch operation for additional customers who chose VI&VA as a Service. The project involved the DuMont Mediengruppe and its publishers in Halle, Cologne, Berlin and Hamburg, which are being successively migrated to the GRZ VaaS solution. To do so, BatchMan should be relocated to a centralized control system having access to the otherwise completely network-separated landscapes of VaaS customers. At the same time, the old BatchMan landscape was migrated to Version 5 and integrated into the new control system in which the DuMont Media Group was already working.
“With the upgrade and the migration tools for version 5, BatchMan has again proven to be the robust and solid software that we have known and appreciated for many years.“
Dr. Bernhard Baehr, Systems Analyst in the department „VI&VA as a Service“, GRZ
Benefits BatchMan Workload Automation
- Central control of entire SAP/nonSAP systemlandscapes
- Graphical modeling and central, clear monitoring of the process chains
- Simple handling in operation to the end customer business (for example, customer groups, maintenance windows, alarms, etc.)
- Easy adaptation of individual module solutions (e.g. SaaS)
- Simple, fast upgrade and migration
Result and Outlook
In the new BatchMan environment, GRZ can now handle job scheduling for significantly more publishers without substantially increasing staffing levels. With BatchMan, GRZ system operation saves 50 percent time compared to job scheduling with SAP on-board resources. Above all, it is the transparency of the job processes through the graphical mode of the networks and the other features that make the work much easier.
About Gutenberg Rechenzentrum
Gutenberg Rechenzentrum GmbH & Co. KG (GRZ) is one of the leading IT service providers for the media industry. The GRZ has more than 40 years of experience in the digitalization of business processes in and between media companies. On the basis of modern technologies, GRZ‘s customers are supported in the implementation of new ideas or requirements and the optimization of existing processes. With more than 110 qualified employees, GRZ covers the entire range of IT services required in the media environment.